Thursday, November 17, 2005

Chocolate Sculptures


When I was in the 5th or 6th grade, my gifted class visited the High Museum of Art while the chocolate busts of "some artist" were displayed. She'd also created soap busts, but I could care less about those. What I liked was the chocolate. I remember thinking, "Licking chocolate? How can anyone call that work?" I was fascinated. Sadly, I couldn't remember the name of the artist after all these years. But thanks to the wonderful service that is the internet, I found her name and some images of those sculptures.

Her name is Janine Antoni, and you can find information about her here. There are also video clips, so check it out.

3 comments:

Woody said...

If I were an artist......
I would want to be a chocolate artist.

Kudos Sara. Finally......it's about time someone had a chocolate blog.

I would like to know more about swiss chocolate and why it taste better than other chocolates in other countries.

It's a chocolate world.
Keep it chocolaty!
ChocoLater!

cw

Sara said...

I try, Clay, I try. I'm going to have a chocolates of the world post coming. . .

Ezra said...

Oh my, not truer words were spoken, swiss chocolate is the best chocolate out there. I work for a swiss owned company and when some of my coworkers some back from Switzerland they bring chocolate. Deeeeelicious.