Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Recipe for Some Good Hot Chocolate

Okay, so this isn't really an original recipe, but if you need some great hot chocolate fast, this is what you have to do:
  1. Buy Archer Farms Hazelnut Hot Cocoa Mix from Target.
  2. Buy a box of Hershey's Sticks, the Mint Milk Chocolate variety.
  3. Make one cup of hot cocoa, according to the directions on the hot chocolate tin. (This means you'd be using 4 tablespoons of cocoa mix.)
  4. Add half of a mint Hershey Stick to the mixture, and stir until it's thoroughly melted.
And that's it! You can add whipped cream if you want, which I almost always recommend -- the fatter, the better, I say!

So this recipe seems pretty boring, but just try it. It'll knock your proverbial socks off! The thing that's so great about this recipe is that it's minty, but not overly minty, which is the problem I have with many mint chocolate mixes. Also, I used only water for this mix, whereas usually I use milk for hot chocolate. Milk is my favorite, but then you have to deal with that curdled layer on top when you heat it -- gross! But I guess what you trade off for milkfat in this mix is sugar -- 'cuz there's a lot of it!

Go make yourself some hot chocolate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Archer Farms hot cocoa mixes are so good!, especially the mint and raspberry flavors (not together..though it sounds interesting). I love stirring my cocoa with candy canes around the holidays, but your recipe sounds good, so I think I'll be trying the hazelnut flavor soon.

Also, I usually use milk because I like mine creamy, but I love that these cocoa mixes are creamy enough to use with hot water! Good stuff. YEY for Archer Farms! Mmm.