Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lindt Balls


I asked my sister Summer to model a milk chocolate Lindt ball for 2 reasons:
  1. It looks like the medicine ball Miracle Max makes Westley in The Princess Bride.
  2. It is an extremely delicious piece of food. I had actually never had Lindt chocolate before Valentine's Day '06, and I must say that I feel I've been left out of the full chocolate heaven for the majority of my life. There are other chocolates I still like better, but I now think that a platter of the finest chocolates must always include at least one Lindt ball. Try one; you'll like it.
*Regarding the picture, I have to tell you that I took a few more. Summer actually shot me the bird in one of them . . . It's a crazy funny picture, but I'm not posting it on my blog. You'll have to ask me for it in person.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, Lindt chocolate is "da bomb!" (spoken in my best high-school girl accent)

Nicole said...

I will not at all argue on that ;o) I always preach that to know real chocolate you have to know Lindt and Marabou!! Lindt is my absolute, uncontested favorite, Marabou a close second. I can't walk out of Border's without buying Lindt balls. They always have them at the register. I have to admit, I grew up with it. But it still hasn't lost its place as my absolute fav!!

I do want to see that pic of Summer ;o)

Paul said...

Lindt is one of my all time favorites! I used to buy it in Europe before it was widely available in the US.

MF said...

In a book club that I have participated in, we read The Princess Bride. I made chocolate covered peanut butter balls. I called them Miracle Max Pills.
De-licious.

Sara said...

I used to make those as well, MF -- they were good, but I always imagined the center of the Miracle Max candies to be a creamy chocolate nougat or praline in the center. Hm.