Monday, August 06, 2012

Baked

Although Baked opened in 2005, I didn't learn about it until the second month of 2011.  I saw this video, and I felt an instant connection with these two guys I have never met:

Quick Chocolate Skillet Snack Cake from Baked Explorations

Everything they say in the video -- everything -- are things I agree with:
  • Everyone should have a good, go-to chocolate cake recipe.
  • American baking is overlooked.
  • It's really difficult to make a good chocolate chip cookie.
  • It's really difficult to make a good brownie.
I will be in New York City for Thanksgiving, and you better believe I'm making a stop in Brooklyn -- not to see Williamsburg or to feel the hipster vibe -- but to try everything that Baked has to offer.

The question you're probably asking yourself is, "Gosh.  Does she really make special trips just to try a new bakery?"  And the answer is yes.  Yes, definitely.  Starting now.  So Pro Chocolate readers (if there are any!), what are great bakeries in your area that I need to try?  Where do you go when you need an amazing dessert?

No comments: