Monday, July 09, 2012

Apple Pie Rules


Last week was Pie Week on NPR, and I missed it.  :/

Thankfully, we have the Internet now, and I can catch things I missed on "Morning Edition."  Here's one thing:  Apple pie is the most popular pie in America.  It's not surprising, really, given that we use the phrase "As American as apple pie" in everyday parlance.  Well, marketers use it, anyway, and perhaps now we know why: because it's true!

This is the complete Top 5 Pies list:
  1. Apple
  2. Pumpkin
  3. Cherry
  4. Blueberry
  5. Dutch apple
It seems rather silly to me that apple is on there twice, so now I'm going to give you the results of NPR's pie survey, which produced slightly different results:
  1. Apple
  2. Strawberry rhubarb
  3. Pumpkin
  4. Cherry
  5. Blueberry
That's more like it!


Check out the full article, Five Facts About Pie that might Surprise You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad that blueberry is on both lists. I only feel it should be higher up...

Apple pie is super tasty though. :)