Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Food Review: Mint OREO Fudge Cremes

These are gross. Let me tell you why:
  1. They left one of the chocolate cookies off.
  2. The fudge creme makes the chocolate cookie a little soggy.
  3. There's too much chocolate flavor and not enough mint.
All in all, this is a poor excuse for a cookie. The lack of crunch was the worst part.

I'm always looking for ways to get that Thin Mint experience during the off-season, but thinking that Mint OREO Fudge Cremes would be a good substitute was a mistake. What was I thinking?!?

I'm actually going to throw the box out. I don't know if I've ever done that with chocolate/cookies. (So trust me on this: Save your money for a different chocolate-y treat!)

4 comments:

Dracoverde said...

Read the side panel of the box, Kraft's phone number is there. Let them know of your dissatisfaction. (In full disclosure, I am currently employed by Kraft)

Ashley Terry said...

Ew! I will not try those - thanks for the heads up!!

You should check out Keebler's Grasshopper cookies, if you haven't before. They aren't quite as good as a thin mint, but they can tie you over pretty well if you are desperate!

Em T said...

I hate the fudge covered oreos of all varieties. Nasty! I totally agree that the almost sogginess of them is the worst part!

I'll also second Ashley's comment about the grasshoppers. Freezing them helps:)

Tunes & Spoons said...

Well this is disappointing...

now all i can think about are thin mints...