Tuesday, February 26, 2013

All Hail to the King


King Arthur Flour, that is.  Goodness, I love that company.  I don't even remember when I discovered it for myself.  It was years and years ago; I know that.  I was looking for unbleached flour, and the only kind Kroger sold was King Arthur.  I used it for sugar cookies, I think, and I never looked back.  I grew up on Gold Medal, but I've been a King Arthur supporter for most of my adult life.  In fact, I should start keeping track of time that way -- B.K.A. for "before King Arthur" and A.K.A. for "after."

Why am I talking about this now?  Because I needed to look something up on the King Arthur site and realized that it is an extremely usable site, and I love it.  Here are my favorite sections:

  • Bake with what's in your pantry
    Enter your list of ingredients and voila!  Recipe options on your screen!
  • Recipes
    Now, this page is just pretty.  Fortunately, it's useful, too!
  • Flour bag recipes
    One of the best bread recipes I've ever tried was on the back of a King Arthur Flour bag.  I emptied the bag, tore off the recipe, and a few months later, lost it.  For the next several months, I looked for the recipe on the back of a bag; it wasn't printed anywhere!  Not to worry -- King Arthur Flour posted the recipe in this section of the site!

Happy baking, folks!

No comments: